Fremen Wolf Curse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fremen Wolf Curse

Welcome to the Alliance forum of Fremen Wolf Curse.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Info on "the rift"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tordenkaffen
Admin
Tordenkaffen

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Having sent 25 spies to each location I got the following mesages upon arrival:

The Rift's Sacrificial Altar Visited
Sent By: System
Received By: You
Date: 18-12-2011 01:11:15
A curved plinth of glowing rock with drainage gutters oozing blood-red magma dominates the scene.

Three squat and burning pillars surround the north-west side, as though they were places for giants to sit and observe the plinth in front of them, or perhaps sentinels, set to protect the altar from intruders.

Your group reports that they were unable to approach too near due to the fearsome heat pouring off the truncated pillars.

The Rift's Ribs of the Devil Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:15:10
Your units report that a large number of huge arches of pure granite vault high above their heads, enclosing them in a pillared stone tomb.

The sky above is darkened by the yellow sulphurous clouds that hiss and vent into the surrounding, permeating everything and soaking into the skin.

All your units report, to a man, an oppressive and pervading sense of the unnatural in this place, and many appear to have heard a deep and rhythmic thumping under their feet - like a slow-beating heart, or something terrible trying to escape from the fiery depths below.

Despite their bravery on the field of battle, they do not wish to tarry in this place and wish to head home.

The Rift's Brimstone Peak Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:16:06
Your units report that this location contains a long, straight gangway, almost like a ship's dock or an incomplete bridge.

This path-to-ruin ends abruptly, hanging precariously over the bellowing lava below.

Some of your men report that as they approached the edge they were siezed by a near uncontrollable desire to run... to plunge off the end of the bridge into the arms of the terrifying yet beautiful fires below.

The Rift's Scratch Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:20:32
Three burning veins of fire slash vertically through the rock below the feet of your group.

These rents in the stone burn deep and hot, and hot magma bubbles from the tears, dripping into the chasm below.

Your group leader swears that as they approached, their skin itched and burned - and not simply from the pulsing heat - and they did not tarry long in this place.

The Rift's Tooth Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:23:50
Your group carefully picks a path down the steep cliffsides, until they can get a clear view of this ghastly vista.

A mottled and burning spike of stone has been thrust up from the bubbling river of magma at the bottom of the chasm.

The waves of heat mean that your group cannot approach too closely, but the leader of your group swears that he can see what looks like glowing runes of fire inscribed in its surface.

The Rift's Summoning Place Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:28:18
Five molten fountains of lava burst forth from this platform in a coruscating mire of heat, light and sound.

The plumes groan and roar with the screams of the tortured earth below.

Your units fear to enter the ground enclosed by the pillars, and even if they could stand the waves of heat emanating from the core, a tangible sense of unknown and terrible horror lies within.

Having done all they can at this fearful place, they head home.

The Rift's Camp Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:28:52
As your group approaches this camp with trepidation, the only thought on their minds is 'Who would camp in such a place, and how could they stand the heat?'

Hot gases billow up from the chasm below and a heavy cloud of stinking vapour stains the hot ground yellow.

After throughly investigating the disintgrating canvas tents, your group reports that the camp is quite deserted.

The Rift's Obelisk Visited
Date: 18-12-2011 01:33:44
Dark sigils writhe and twist, glowing with pulses of orange and red across the sides of the stone obelisk.

Your units report that after observing the obelisk for a while, a sense of impending doom permeated their thoughts and, despite the heat, they felt chilled to the marrow.

The groups' enterprising leader tried to take a copy of the glowing sigils, but discovered that every copy he made was somehow wrong, and he gave up in frustration.
Back to top Go down
https://fremen.danskforum.net

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:05 am

Occupy the light blue standing stones over time, and defend against the skeletons. Experience gained in defense adds up in the tournament that will end on 18 january.
I have already slain hundreds of skeletons.
rendeer
Back to top Go down
Tordenkaffen
Admin
Tordenkaffen

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Go Hevneren!!!, alas one of my commanders is ranked 32 - thats the best so far. I hope it gets better.

Hope to see a few alliance mates climb the scoreboards.

Best of luck all!
Back to top Go down
https://fremen.danskforum.net

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:33 am

My best commander is only level 41, but he has already gained 433 experience points in the fight against the skeletons.
Currently he is ranked no 39 in League C.
Btw commanders are gathering exp very quickly this way, but of course a lot of casualties among the troops.
Back to top Go down

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Congrats, tord and hevn! I am rooting for you guys.

A tip I saw mentioned in global chat is for league's C and below to move your army via messenger if you have a ghost that is inbound. Apparently the combat magic is too powerful for your commander's experience gain to be worth it. Shocked
Back to top Go down

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 am

Surprised Even though I am in league C, my strongest commanders have fended off some magic cast at them.

silent On the other hand, many of my commanders have been KIA, and needed to be resurrected.

cyclops But, in the end - they gain a lot of experience!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Info on "the rift" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info on "the rift"   Info on "the rift" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Info on "the rift"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fremen Wolf Curse :: Guides and tips. Librarium Fremoria.-
Jump to: